Colton at Provo MTC

Colton at Provo MTC

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

My best week.

HEY FAMILY!!!
 
Well I would like to start off by saying this has honestly been one of the best weeks in the mission. I am doing really good and I am super happy to be where I am. Coban is the best and my area is the best but let me just tell you about the week.
The week went by very smoothly. We were teaching and preaching like champions. We got to the Gutierrez`s house to teach her and her daughter to get them ready for baptism but to our surprise her husband was finally there. We started to get to know him more and more and we decided to have the wife and the daughter help us teach the Restoration to him. We helped him understand why the church is different and how come we truly believe we are the true church. He began to ask questions and we decided to come back in two days and watch the Restoration with them. We came back on Saturday night and watched it with him. The Spirit was strong and we asked him if he would start reading the Book of Mormon with his wife and daughter. He agreed and he agreed to go to church the next day. We were waiting for them in the church building and sacrament ended. I was thinking in my mind, "What happened she always shows up for church." We called them after church and their daughter had gotten sick and they couldn`t make it. We asked if we could visit them later that night and they said that would be great. We went to a member`s house, Alfonzo, after church to eat lunch and he wanted to leave with us and also his twin brother! I thought that would be great because he is a returned missionary and already has a family. We ended up doing divisions with Hector, his brother, and my companion went with Alfonzo. We had a really good lesson with someone we had found a couple of days before and after we all met up to go to visit the Gutierrez Family. I was pretty excited because we are getting her ready for her and her daughter`s baptism. Alfonzo asked what we were going to teach and we thought maybe we should teach the Plan of Salvation but Alfonzo said maybe we should teach how the Gospel blesses families. We entered the house and everyone was ready. Alfonzo asked if they would all sit together and we began to teach the principle. Alfonzo started out by asking the husband what his responcibility is as a husband and a father. He told us what he thought and the Spirit was already very strong. Alfonzo then explained how a marriage is like two oxen with a yoke if the other falls the other cannot progress. He explained how his wife and daughter have already accepted a baptismal date and are progressing and the husband realized the importance of it all. I then shared my testimony of the Gospel. How Jesus Christ really does make it possible for the home to be a place of refuge. Where we can go to find peace and happiness because our parents taught us good principles and we have always known we are children of our Heavenly Father. I never thought that day that the husband was going to accept the gospel but he did. I asked him if he would follow the example of Jesus Christ and his family and be baptized by someone who possess the Priesthood. He accepted a baptismal date and the whole family is going to be baptized in February.
I tell you this big long story because it has been the only thing on my mind for the past 12 hours. I have seen a miracle and I have been so overwhelmed by the Spirit when I felt like I was not talking, but someone else was talking for me. This mission is so incredible. The Gospel really does change peoples lives if they accept it.
Okay I hope this story has not bored you family but I think it was something very important for you all to read. That really there are miracles in the work. I have put my heart into this mission and God is compensating for what I do. Maybe I am not the best missionary and I still have a lot to learn but I love this work and I love these people.
Thank you family for everything you have done for me! Sorry that I was a crazy kid in high school who would dance with the manicans in Old Navy! But don`t worry I still do when no one is looking! I love you all and I hope this will be a good story to read in your scripture study at night!!
I love you!! Love Elder Colton Steamberry Llewelyn, whose also named Rubin.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment