Colton at Provo MTC

Colton at Provo MTC

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Second Baptism

Hello family!!
Happy Halloween!!
This week has been really really good. Everyone sounds like they are doing good and I am happy to hear that Hannah is now able to kiss random strangers and she is certified to do it! (Hannah is CPR Certified...)
The hunt sounds like it went really well except for the fact that you didn`t shoot anything but hey! There is always next year right? This week went by really fast and I feel like this change is going by really fast! I have been here now for 3 weeks and it feels like it is flying by. I love Coban and I don`t care who knows it. I am having trouble with the computer and I would like to add photos but I think it might have to wait until next Monday. The baptism went really well. Pablo was really excited but he was very nervous and he has reason. His family had told him that they would kick him out of the house if he was baptized but he did it anyways. He has a family here in the ward that is very supportive of him. They entire family showed up and I think that helped him out as well. We also had 3 other 8 year olds that the parents had asked us if we could teach them. They were all baptized and it was a really great service. The ward put on everything and it was way nice. This ward is amazing and the people here and very supportive. All in all the baptism went really well. The rest of the week was filled with hiking in the mountains and going from one edge of the earth to the other! haha there is a lot of walking. It takes about 3 hours to walk from one end of my area to the other, that is why we don`t do it. These boots are a lifesaver and I am rockin them.
I also went on divisions with Elder Nelson this week after district meeting. It was a pretty good time. We were teaching a lesson and we had brought one of the young men in the ward who is preparing to go on a mission with us. Well I was teaching a principle to a less active sister in the ward and a chicken decided to walk into the house, it is normal don`t worry, what is not normal is when the young man we brought picks it up when we are teaching and begins to give kisses to the chicken. haha only with Elder Nelson would weird things like this happen. We are also teaching a couple of fairly old people and well the sister doesn`t really respond to my questions why? she only speaks kekchi and I don`t understand a word she says haha so those are my pretty good stories of the week.
Today was a sister in our zones birthday so we all got together and hit the piƱata in the shape of a sister missionary. It was pretty funny and then we went to a nice pizza restaurant and there was a group of europeans and they were talking in english, I said hi and I got scared because I don`t know how to do missionary work in english. It brought on some good laughs.
Well that was my week this week. This place is amazing and I love where I am. The baptism was a miracle and it was awesome to see all of the kids get baptized. It reminds me of my baptism yet I don`t remember it very well I just remember how happy everyone was. I see now why and what an amazing step that is in someones life if they really understand the significance of baptism. We take upon the of Christ because we know what he did for us in Gethsemane and we believe in the words he taught us and maybe at the age of 8 we are not quite sure what that means we just know what happened is real. I love this work and I love Guatemala. It has it`s funny points and all like when I was shopping in the store this morning there we two live chicken just hanging out on the coat wrack but it is something you just grow accustomed to!! haha I love you family!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment