Colton at Provo MTC

Colton at Provo MTC

Monday, November 7, 2011

Another Great Week

Hello the best family in the world!
I would like you to know that this Monday has been amazing. It was so nice to hear from all of you and all your letters were amazing! You all sound like you are doing really good and I`m doing really good here! We put another baptismal date so now we have 3 baptisms for the 19th of November! It has just been a really good week and I am loving this change but I am a little sad that it is ending. We are already in week 5 and who knows what is going to happen. I don`t want my companion to go. We have the same time and we get along really well.
But for a relapse of what my week consisted of, well the excited things because as a missionary things happen but it is what I do everyday. So that you all know Otto Perez, mano duro, won the elections. President Watts said that we could leave which wasn`t bad but outside of our house at about 10 o clock last night there was fireworks crazy things happening outside and yelling and car horns ambulances and all that jazz. Haha it was pretty funny. Both my companion and I had a good laugh because we just thought, well it`s Guatemala. But for a good spiritual experience, here is a good one. Well on divisions with one of the teenagers in the ward we went contacting. We contacted a young couple and they told us that we can come back. We scheduled an appointment with them for the next day, we passed and they weren`t there. Well a couple days passed and we had a busy day so we asked the priests if they could do divisions and they left. We passed by the house again and they did not accept us but we scheduled an appointment with them again, it is what happens in Guatemala but I felt like there was something there. We my companion and I passed by the next day and we had an amazing lesson with them. They had a lot of questions and the sister told us, I don`t have a lot of trust with random strangers but she looked at me, pointed and said but I felt something that said I could trust you. This family is very young. She is 18 and he is 21 and they are married. They don`t go to a church right now but they told us they weren`t sure which is the one that was true. It is like a Joseph Smith story. I know the Lord is blessing us.
This work is amazing. It is full of miracles and I know that with the support I have that the families here in Guatemala are being blessed. I love you all. You all enjoy your new Justin Bieber Christmas CD while I am here eating tamales and ponche for Christmas!! Whoo!! haha I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment