Colton at Provo MTC

Colton at Provo MTC

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I'm Staying in Coban...Yeah!



Hey Family!!
Well I am doing well and it sounds like you are doing really well over there. You sound busy and that is what I like to here. Well you are all probably wondering how changes went down well, you don´t have to worry. Everything in Coban 2 is staying the same. My companion and I are together again and I am really happy. We have a lot of work to do here and I am excited for this new change! This week was a really great week minus it was very hectic and not my favorite. The baptisms that were planned all fell through because they are not ready. We had felt that one of them was not ready but he confirmed that for us so now it is just more teaching and praying that he progresses. The other two are ready we just can´t get him married... it sucks. But hey we saw him in the Plaza and he is still optimistic so I am hoping things will go well for him this week!
The thanksgiving dinner was so great!! We had a turkey that was amazing and I took a picture but sadly the computer won´t let me show you, it is what happens in Internet Cafes. It was a lot of fun and it made me think a lot about the family so I am hoping to see so many pictures of the Thanksgiving up there. It would be the greatest. We also went to President Fraatz´s birthday the next day and had another Thanksgiving dinner. He is the old stake president in our area and was mission president in Nicaragua. It was really great so this week was filled with a lot of food. It has been nice and I heard it gets worse. Tamales and ponche everyday baby. I am going to get so fat, but hey it is Christmas in Coban and that is the best thing in the world! Here in Coban the church does a parade and the elders are involved and everything. They do a nativity scene down main street so I am pretty excited about that. It really is going to be a great change and I am going to party hard!! haha just kidding I meant to say work. Well to tell you about the area...We are working with the Coronado Family. They are 18 and 21 and married. We contacted them and I can´t remember if I have told you all about him but they are progressing really fast. They have some doubts and weird questions but hey I think that is all part of it right! We had some really good lessons with them this week and I am hoping that they progress like crazy! We are also teaching a 23 year old girl named Marcia who is progressing also. She only speaks kekchi, Q´eq´chi!! I am learning a little here and there but not much. I am trying to get a little down so the sister that is helping us doesn´t have to translate everything but it is a very pretty language. They now have a triple in Kekchi. It is great!! The people here are very blessed for it and the church is growing pretty fast here!
Yesterday we had a Conference and Pres. Uchtdorf and Elder Holland spoke!! It was amazing and what was great was Sis. Torres was leading the music! It was amazing to see her and I know she is the happiest to be able to come back to Guatemala! When Elder Holland bore his testimony in Spanish it was amazing and I knew the people here were very touched by it. Marcia came and she really liked it.
Well family everything is working out amazing! The work is great and I love my mission. It is ballin and it really is so great to be here! I love you all family! Elder Colton Steamberry Llewelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment