Colton at Provo MTC

Colton at Provo MTC

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Grandpa Bill Passed Away

Dear Family!
Well I am first going to start this email off by say... I am so sorry! I was not able to write last week because there was absolutley no time to write. I had some problems with my companion and it didn´t give us time to write and this whole week I have felt so weird but I am hope that you feel a little bit of comfort from this email.
Well I am going to start off by saying that I love you all so much. And I am going to be honest. This has been one of the hardest weeks of the mission. Now I don´t want you all to think that it was a negative week I am still going positive but it was a hard one. I left from my beautiful land of Coban on Monday because well they told me I was training again. Haha well we got to the capital and then we went to meet all the new Elders on Tuesday. I got to spend the day with Elder LaPray and that was amazing. Wednesday in the morning they tell me I also have an interview and President told me that I was going to be district leader. Well I felt a whole lot of weight and I feel a whole lot of responsiblity but I am happy that God trusts me enough to do all of this.
I am now in the Molino zone in the zone 6 here in the Captial. My area is called Santa Luisa and I got here Wednesday with my companion and well... we had no idea where anything was, who anyone was, nothing. But we just started right off the bat. We walked out and started contacting like crazy. We found 2 new families to teach and it was pretty amazing. I absolutley love this area. The people here are amazing and it is a huge change. My companions name is Elder Kilts and he is from Ogden! He is pretty funny and we get along great. It is a little difficult because well he is new and is still learning the great language of EspaƱol but it is great. The craziest part is I am in the old area of Elder Paulsen!! It is a miracle and he got a little emotional when I told him and he told me he had prayed for this. I know I am supposed to be here and I am loving it. We have a family baptism in two weeks and I am really excited. They are old people and my comp invited them to be baptized yesterday!! Whoo!! I am telling you, my kids in the mission are great.
Well beside all of that I got a call from President Watts on Thursday telling me what had happened with Grandpa. At first I didn´t quite understand. It hadn´t hit me and I don´t think it will fully hit me until I get home but I woke up Friday morning and I said a prayer to my Heavenly Father and I asked him to tell Grandpa to help me through all of this. My grandfather was an amazing person. He had a smile that was just warm when you came up to him. I love my grandfather so much. I will miss the property trips with him. I will also miss setting up the christmas lights with him after the turkey from thanksgiving had just set in. I am having a hard time with all of it and how fast it all came but I received the package and there was a photo of my grandpa and it was exactly what I needed. He was exactly how I will always remember him.
I love you all and I am so happy here in Guatemala!!
Have a good week!
Love Elder Llewelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment