Colton at Provo MTC

Colton at Provo MTC

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

COMING HOME MARCH 6TH

Well I am sure you got the news. I am coming home around March 6th or something like that. So I am sorry about the whole cruise thing! You guys can go with out me if you would like. I will just go  home and sit in the house not knowing what to do with myself. I will probably go contact the neighbors that aren´t members and stuff. Just kidding! WAIT FOR ME! Please. Haha well it is good news and I think it will be good for me. Like 1 more week in the mission than what it was before. Oh and I do have other big news! I´m staying where I am with my same companion. This is going to be the first time I have been with a companion for more than 3 months! Whoo!! It is going to be really fun. We have baptisms planned for December. A great zone conference activity we are going to be doing and we also are going to be spending our birthdays together. Elder Turcios turns 21 on the 19th and well I will be 21 on the 23rd! How exciting is that! I am overly excited! I was a little nervous because I thought I would train again and I kind of wanted to just train but I think that this is the best thing for me. I love being here in Paraiso and I am having a ton of fun with Elder Turcios and we are going to have a really good month together. We still have 1 change after this one on January 16th so who knows what is going to happen then but I believe I am going to end my mission here in Paraiso. Dying in paradise. It has a nice ring to it.
This week was a really good one. We had the ZL Council on Tuesday and it was really awesome. President Watts is having us make some goals for the mission and next council we are going to make a new plan for the mission. We hope to really work hard this December so that we can get the ball rolling for the next year. It really has been amazing the progress we have made here in the zone. This zone hasn´t had a very good reputation and it has turned around. I am super happy here and the weeks are flying by. We have 18 new elders coming to stay with us on Tuesday night and I am excited because it is cool to be with new elders. They always have a ton of questions and they are so excited for everything. It reminds me of the Tuesday night before entering the mission field. I was so nervous and the trainers were showing us all their photos and scary things that had happened to them in the mission. haha! I´m sure Alyce like that one. 
Well the amazing story of the week is the following. I don´t remember if I have written about Luis Colmenares. He is 39 years old and his uncle is the High Priests Leader in my ward. His uncle brought us to his house in August to teach them for the first time. They have always let us in and slowly they were progressing. Luis came to church 2 times back then  and his progress had been really slow. We invited him to be baptized and he said that he will for sure if I receives an answer. That was about 2 months ago. We still were visiting him ever Saturday but then we felt a prompting to talk about the importance of the Book of Mormon in his conversion. He had always said that he was reading and stuff but he never explained what he had read. On Friday we went to his house to see how it went with his reading this week. He told us that he has received his answer. He said he is ready to be baptized once he starts living the commandments more and on Sunday he showed up early to church and stayed the whole 3 hours which he didn´t do before. I am super excited!! I have been working with him for so long and I know the Lord has great plans for him!! 
I hope that you all can enjoy a bit of this Spirit from that story. I love you all so much! I love this work with all my heart and I am so blessed to be here! Have an amazing week!
Elder Colty Llewelyn

1 comment:

  1. Hi- I appreciate your time spent serving a mission in Guatemala! I am with the Liahona Children's Foundation, and we serve 22 stakes in Guatemala. (https://liahonachildren.org/countries/guatemala). This Summer we are hosting "Nutritours" in Guatemala for people to come participate in our child nutrition screenings and other meaningful service, and do a little sight-seeing. https://liahonachildren.org/how-to-help/nutritours. We would love to tell you more about our organization and have you help us spread the word to anyone you know that might be interested in supporting our work in Guatemala. Feel free to contact me if you have more questions jessicawilkinson @ liahonachildren (dot) org. Thank you for your service!

    ReplyDelete