Colton at Provo MTC

Colton at Provo MTC

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

14 Months!

I would like you all to know you can now count on your hands how many months I have in the mission! I am so scared now! But don´t worry, I got my new suit and I look smokin. Due to all this walking I will have you know that my butt actually shows in my pants now. and now in my slighly tight new suit that looks like I could be working for J Crew. Just saying.
Haha well this week was amazing. I will all have you know that my companion is the best. He is the funniest kid ever and we are just having the best of time here in the capital. I will start out with a funny story.
It was about 8 o clock at night and we had to be at a meeting with the bishop. Well an older man stops us and asks us if we could take him home. Well being me I felt bad so I started to help him home. I then realized he had a problem with his legs and then I realized ope he was a little under the weather. He began to tell us all these stories and asking us all these questions while I am just looking at all the people looking at us with a look saying what in the world are missionaries doing with him. He then asked me if I believed in Darwin´s theory of monkeys and then he started to act like a monkey in the street. haha I just turned the other way and started walking to the Bishop´s house again. It was pretty funny and I thought it was a good growing experience for Elder Kilts.
I do have another great story. I sent a couple of pictures of our house and I haven´t really said much about it but it is a health hazard. haha so we have been looking for a house and we finally found one! It was amazing because we had heard about a house that was for rent but we couldn´t find the right one. We started asking around in the neighborhood, which is a gated community, and we asked this lady and she said she was but it wasn´t the one we were looking for. She told us to come and look at the apartment she had and we saw it and we really liked it. Just about a minute before I prayed in my heart that we would find the house but God had a different plan and found this house for us. To top it all off the real owner of the house called me a couple days later and was talking in English. He is living in Canada and he is a bishop of the church of there! haha well God answers prayers because he knows we need out. This week Elder Kilts and I having been on a rat hunt. We have two giant rats living on our back porch and we have tried poisoning them and trapping them but they are too smart. They mock us by pooping in our trap.
Also this week we have been looking for investigators. We found a family that was in the area book and we have been trying to visit them for so long and we finally found them. We show up and the mother and daughter have been reading the Book of Mormon and the mother asked me to find a part in the Teachings of the Prophet George Albert Smith book for her to read. It was a real miracle. I feel like we contacted so many people and no one really wanted anything but God blessed us with helping us find other people. God has seen our effort and he blessed us! I love this area so much. The ward is great and they are so willing to help us out. I LOVE MY MISSION!! I am working so hard and everynight I come home and in less than 2 seconds I am out after I lay down but I wouldn´t have it any different. I love my mission!!
I love you so much and I know that the blessings are there. Maybe you can´t see them but I can. We are all progressing together and I can see your testimonies growing so much. There was an article in the January Liahona that I want you all to read but I can´t remember what it is called. It is about animals. Give Rain a big hug from me! I have a picture of her and sky that I look at and it makes me sad but I think that is how it goes. I love you all so much! Look for the blessings everyday because they are there.
Cuenta tus bendiciones! Hasta luego muchás!!!
Les amo y les deseo lo mejor esta semana!! Elder Colton Llewelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment