Colton at Provo MTC

Colton at Provo MTC

Thursday, July 14, 2011

What a Fun Week

Hey family!!
Well it sounds like everyone is having a really good summer. Right now I am having a really good winter! They call it winter because it rains but it only rains when it gets to the point where the humidity is almost too much to handle... Haha you got to love Guatemala!! This week was probably one of the best weeks on the mission. It is going by a little slow this week but I think that is just because a lot happened... So here is what went down herr...
I HAD A SLEEPOVER WITH ELDER LAPRAY!!! It was the best day! We got to go on divisions because my companion is district leader and that means he has to go on divisions with everyone in the district! It was the best! We worked hard! We found a new family and... we ate guatemalan ice cream(be grateful for coldstone) and we pushed our beds together and it was a really great night! I hope he sends home some pictures! I made stir fry and everything and then in the morning we had pancakes!! It was really great!
This week we also met a man named Juan. He is probably the nicest man I have ever met. He lives alone in a wooden house that he made! He loves having us over and so we went over 3 times this week! We taught him the Restoration and he loved it. He went to Ward Conference with us yesterday, which might I add, in Guatemala Ward Conferences are the coolest! They had like a 50 person choir. The chapel looked amazing and it was just really amazing! But Juan loved it so much he will be returning next week! We asked him to be baptized and he wants to investigate a little more but I feel that he is going to be baptized because he is just that great!
Also we had a kind of crazy experience. We decided to go to Juan`s house all of the sudden but he wasn`t home so I suggested we go up to another investigators house. We made our way up there through the jungle.. haha jk it is only half. But he wasn`t home but we talked to a lady that her daughter was investigating the church so we set up an appointment with them the next day. I was excited so we went to ask a member that lived across the street if we could have the lesson in the their house. We get to the member`s house and the member told us his son was really sick and he needed a blessing. We gave the blessing to the son and the family was a little on edge. We were their for about an hour and there is where I realized something very important. This family struggles to find money for their next meal. They have been sealed in the temple and are faithful members. They live in a 2 bedroom house and the brother was telling us crying that they just don`t have the opportunies to find a job. About five minutes later after things had calmed down, the brother told us, "There is something that we have been thinking about and we are trying to save up a little money to make you elders dinner." Then and there I realized the love these people have. They struggle for 3 meals a day but they want to make us dinner and that is one of their concerns. This place is amazing and these people are amazing. I am very blessed to be here. I sometimes think that it would be much easier to be at home but then something like this happens and I know I need to be here. I love this work and I love being a missionary in Guatemala. I wouldn`t choose any other place and I know my calling is from a prophet of God. I love my Savior and I want to share this love with the people here!!

Well that is my crazy week!! It is the last week of my second change! I have almost been on my mission for 5 months!! What!! I don`t want to leave my area! I love it here!! I hope Janet sends some pictures of the great sleepover!!
I love you family! Always remember to pray for the people here because many members down here are praying for my family up there!! I love you so much!
The Elder Llewelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment