Colton at Provo MTC

Colton at Provo MTC

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

He's There

Mi familia!! I´m here! I have reached Guatemala. I´ve been here since 6 this morning. I didn´t get any sleep on the plane I didn´t dare talk to anyone. They all spoke Spanish... I was a small fish in a big world. We got to Guatemala and the first thing I see coming out of the doors was a small man riding on a skateboard using his hands to push himself. He tried to sell me something but I said no gracias. I´ve said that a lot today!! There are guards on every corner with guns. I will convert them one day. The people here are very friendly except they look at me like I´m an alien. I´m so tired that I can barely concentrate on anything. I have two companions. One for Spanish class and one for everything else. He´s latino. I don´t know who he is but I´m sure he´ll be great. They are only here for three weeks and most of them are going to other central american countries. I sat with one and I had no idea what he was saying but he told me that Shakera was really famous and he told me he likes country. Haha it was a really great day. It is beautiful here! It is so green but the city is so noisy. The templo es muy bonita and we get to do a session there. That freaks me out a little but I´m sure it´ll be great. It is going to be a really hard next couple of weeks I can already tell. I have my first shocks of homesickness and I hope it doesn´t stay. I really like the MTC President here. He is from Sandy so that is pretty dang cool. Well I can´t wait to here from you all! I hope that everything is going great and I can´t tell you how amazing it was to talk to all of you.  It is strange to think that this is my home for the next to years and quite frankly I´m more terrified then I think I´ve ever been in my whole life. I don´t understand spanish. I can´t seem to remember anything that I learned in the MTC and right now that place sounds like a dream. But I know I will learn to love it here. I know it will all work out but I´m sure Dad and Spence can relate that when it hits it hits hard. I miss you all so much. I´m so happy everytime someone brings up my family and they want to know about you. Thanks for everything!! I can´t wait to send home some good pictures. I love you all and I can´t wait to hear from you next wednesday.
          Elder Llewelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment