Colton at Provo MTC

Colton at Provo MTC

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Coltons Letter, March 23, 2011

Ay mi familia!! I want you all to know i´m loving it here. It is the best. That first day was hard but it was over and now it is great. I love the Latinos. Lo esta fiest en mi cama todos los noches!! I hope everything is going great. This week has been quite an adventure. If you like hearing sirens every couple of seconds and car alarms. The roads are crazy here... my english is horrible now so i apologize if i mess up. The food here is amazing. I eat frijoles todos los mañanas. It is pretty crazy. And we drink this juice everyday that is made out of melons and papaya. We had the most amazing teaching experience yesterday with my companion and I. We did this thing where we go into a house and talk to a fake investigator but the play this role and we decided to not draw out a lesson plan and just go with what we thought was best. The spirit was insane and my companion and I spoke the best spanish we could. My latino companion is great. His name is elder salazar and he is from guatemala going to honduras. He doesn´t speak any english so it´s difficult to get to know him  but i love it. My spanish is getting so much better and I know why i´m here. This is the best place. We get to go out and do service every saturday morning and the little girls want to talk to us but I have no idea what they are saying. I smile and say bien.... haha. We have this market thing every wednesday and i hope you know... that i´m rich. I currently have 900 quetz. haha ok it´s not that much but I feel rich. I wish I could send some stuff home but I will just have to wait to get the family stuff. International mail comes whenever but dear elders and pouch come wednesday night. Just make sure to only put colton llewelyn not elder. My favorite word is puchica. It is guatemalan slang for dangit. I use it more than I should but it makes the latina hermanas laugh because I pretend to fall up the stairs and say it. My gringo companion and I laugh all day. We are pretty funny. My district is great and we get along way good. I´m currently senior companion so I make elder meoño wash his clothes by hand. bahaha just kidding. But will you let people know I can get dear elders and pouch!! I love you so much family and I love what amazing examples you are. Yo se que Jesucristo is nuestro Salvador. Yo se que Dios es nuestro Padre Celestial y nos ama mucho. Yo se que Jose Smith es un profeta verdad y el traduce el Libro De Mormon. Mi testimonio es poqueno pero mi español es progresando. Give everyone my love and I don´t know how to send pictures but I´m sure I can figure out sometime!

--
Elder Llewelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment